Industry - Outsourced Tech Services
Job Location - LS4 2EW, Leeds
Work Hours - 37 Hours per week
Benefits and Headlines - Senior Business Intelligence Developer (BI Developer - £60k DOE)
- Leeds (not centre) - State of the art offices with free parking!
- Easy Access to both M62 and M1
- Picnic area
- Local shops / eateries
- Break out areas
- Great Project to have on your CV
- Some basic elements of flexi working
The BI Developer will support the BI Team in providing high quality, timely and accurate reporting and analysis across all business functions to enable measured decision making, and support the day to day operations and continued growth of the business.
This is a great opportunity to get involved in making significant changes, at a holistic level, to the day to day way reporting and generally BI operates in this huge Datawarehouse for one of the largest supplier and procurement systems that exists not only in the UK but on a global scale.
As part of this new contract, this huge technology outsourcing firm is now providing the key administrative and payment services covering processing of payment information, management of supplies, maintenance of supplier lists and market entry applications, through to management of administration and movement of billions of records. Working on an inherited technical environment and in a transformational programme of work, which is stable but not yet fully transformed, you will be part of a team delivering opportunities to drive service and business performance. This is a senior, hands on role requiring someone to get engaged with the customer at the same time as technically delivery and offer strategic support to the senior management team.
- Develop and maintain effective reporting processes
- Design and implement bespoke applications for data capture & reporting purposes using DWH and Excel UserForm technologies
- Lead best practice around the use of data for MI reporting purposes by MI Analysts
- Resolve data quality issues through robust data investigation and resolution activity
- Support wider Business Change management processes (e.g. Transformation and CRM change management)
- The Senior BI Developer role is a senior position and will require engagement of Senior stakeholders across the partnership to ensure our MI reporting services meets the level & quality required by the partnership.
- The role will support continuing evolution of the Data Warehouse by working closely with the DWH Architect. The DWH data is a key business asset and needs to be relevant to business needs and of the highest quality.
- The BI specialist will be actively involved in sourcing new datasets into the DWH where there is a reporting need or a business requirement to manage. This will involve reviewing source systems to understand how data is captured and therefore how it should be used for MI and analysis purposes.
- The MS BI Stack professional will be able to draw upon their vast experience to identify robust data solutions to common MI reporting challenges. They will be expected to provide leadership on data issues; including the education and development of less experienced MI team members.
- The role holder will help introduce new reporting tools into the wider community to maximise the ability of Senior Stakeholders to self-serve (ie Power BI)
The role will facilitate business intelligence processes and procedures development and implementation. Responsible for leading the strategic design and maintenance of business intelligence applications. Identifies, researches, and resolves complex technical problems. Ensures that the use of business intelligence applications enhances business decision making capabilities.
Essential role related knowledge, technical skills, qualifications and experience
- Data & Technical expert for Microsoft BI stack (Expert in the use of SQL, SSAS / SSIS / SSRS)
- Experienced in data investigation to identify faults / verify amendments to code
- Proficiency in MS Office tools
- Familiar with data presentation packages - e.g. Power BI
- Excellent analytical skills (listening, questioning, challenging, modelling, etc)
- Strong documentation skills e.g. data modelling; business rules; requirements management; change management
- Skilled line manager / functional manager evidenced through previous experience. Will thrive in an environment that empowers your team to deliver exceptional results
- Proven track record in developing others
- In-depth knowledge of relational database theory / architecture
- Experience of data / MI change programme – especially in a data / technical capacity
- Experience of Data Warehouse technologies and how to develop / maintain
- Familiar with technical challenges in Operational MI reporting