- New Business focused with a track record of developing and winning sales through large scale tender cycles.
- Commitment to learning our products/services in detail and preparing and carrying out of product demonstrations.
- Previous experience in a similar role (preferably in selling vertical solutions into Local Government and or the Utility or Contracting sectors)
- Proven ability to deal with stakeholders at all levels – both internally and externally
- Excellent communication/presentation skills – both written and oral
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
This role sits within a well-established computer software company, specialising in the development and supply of works / maintenance and asset management systems to local government and related services sectors. The Company has an unrivalled reputation for delivery of quality products and services, and a 30+ year history of ethical business practices and consistent profitability.
The company became an employee owned company a number of years ago. The controlling majority shareholder of the business is a trust in which all employees have an equal share. This means that every employee of the company becomes a co-owner of the company with certain ownership benefits and responsibilities.
The Company offers very good working conditions and competitive salaries, plus benefits including an excellent pension scheme and share option scheme.
The role requires occasional visits to customer sites, a company car allowance is provided as part of the package. The Consultancy department is expanding and they have many opportunities for career progression within the department.
The prime purpose of the Business Development Consultant role is to demonstrate the software and its wider capabilities to a range of stakeholders through varying stages of a procurement cycle. The role is seen as a trusted advisor delivering honest and genuine guidance to prospective customers. The team also support the Account Management team with some of their larger existing customer queries.
Principal Focus – New Customers
- Providing presentations and demonstrations of our products and services to prospects
- Creating proposals and taking the lead on meetings and product demonstrations
- Responding to Direct Sales Enquiries, RFIs, PQQs and ITTs
- Indentifying and qualifying prospects and the potential opportunities
- Attendance at conferences and exhibitions
- Presentations at seminars and User Group meetings
- Providing assistance with preparing demonstration systems
- Providing assistance with preparing marketing materials and other sales collateral
Account Development of Existing Customers
- Providing assistance to Account Managers in the development of activities on existing customer sites, with the objective of extending the use of software into further areas – where applicable.
Knowledge or previous experience within any of the following areas:
- Street Works / EToN / NRSWA Requirements
- Highway Asset Management
- Works Ordering / Works Management and Inspection Systems o Pavement Management Systems
- Street Lighting or Bridges/Structures Systems o Mobile Working Solutions
- Managed Services/Cloud Solutions