Job Location - Airedale House (Thirty Three) - 423 Kirkstall Road - Leeds - LS4 2EW
Work Hours - 9 - 5.15
Role: Business Analyst
Salary: £42,000 per annum + 3% flexible benefits + on target bonus of 5% + contributory pension
• Free on-site parking
• Shuttle bus from major train station
• On site Café
• On site Gym
• Break out areas with gaming
• Purchase and sell holiday entitlement
• Family benefits with flexi bens
• Succession planning – great career prospects – growing company
A rare and exciting opportunity to join a fast growing company in the UK. We are looking for a Business Analyst who truly wants to make an impact on our organisation.
The successful candidate will analyse, document and propose process and IT solutions for large and/or complex business areas/projects and to prepare documentation (e.g. Business Requirements Documents at both detailed and high level, Functional Specifications and production of estimates) to feed into the relevant development team or supplier. This is an excellent opportunity to forge strong relationships with key business stakeholders and break down barriers to accurate and timely requirements gathering and analysis/requirements document production.
We have a strong track record of sustainable growth which is set to continue - the team that helps to deliver that will be rewarded for their contributions with a competitive package including market rate salaries, flexible benefits and annual bonus.
• Commercial experience as a Business Analyst (preferably within the Financial Services sector)
• Demonstrable evidence of analysing and documenting complex business processes.
• Demonstrable experience of writing requirement specifications for Information Systems.
• End to end experience of the project lifecycle
• Proven experience interacting directly with end users
• Results orientated with good communication and interpersonal skills
• Desire to be involved in continuously improving Change Delivery governance processes
• Broad understanding of project management PRINCE 2 methodologies and when they are appropriate
• Experience in / appreciation of an Agile/SCRUM environment
• BCS Business Analysis Certification (Practitioner or higher)
Reporting to the Business Analysis & Design Manager your responsibilities will include:-
•Collecting, understanding, challenging and translating the business requirements for the project, and creating appropriate functional and non-functional specifications, updating the traceability matrices as required.
•Capture and formulation of User Stories and Acceptance Criteria.
•Analyse and document business processes.
•Document workflows and results of business analysis and obtain sign-off from internal clients on the specifications.
•To provide the link between the internal customer, development team and any third party regarding software functionality, throughout the development lifecycle.
•Fostering relationships with key business stakeholders and aiding in initiative
formulation (including estimation) and business case creation and development.
•Enhance and champion the “BA Vision” of business analysis best practice across the business.
•Actively seek feedback on and seek to improve the Change Delivery project framework in liaison with the Programme Office Manager.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
•Excellent analytical skills and the ability to look at problems logically and work them through to a successful conclusion
•Strong communication skills including the ability to break down barriers between stakeholders and developers
•Ability to plan and facilitate workshops and meetings to deliver an agreed outcome
•Strong attention to detail
•Inquisitive – desire and ability to explore processes in depth
•Ability to work on own initiative or as a part of a team
•Ability to adapt quickly to change and be flexible