.Net Software Developer
Salary: £40,000 to £45,000
Contract Type: Permanent
Position Type: Full Time
Industry: Part of a large services group
Hours: 40 hours
We are seeking a developer responsible for building applications using Microsoft/Azure/.NET stack tooling. The primary responsibility will be to work within a growing team to deliver and support applications for the business as well as integrations with external suppliers/customers in line with the technical roadmap.
- Involvement in gathering information, processes and solutions to identify key drivers for business processes.
- Involvement in key decision making and technology R&D in relation to the technical roadmap.
- Translate user requirements and processes into application story boards and use cases for development sprints
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Creation of documentation using helper tools such as Swagger, Sandcastle, Confluence, Ghostdoc etc.
- Integrate data storage solutions via SQL Server, Azure storage, blob storage, No SQL solutions.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Problem investigation/solving (Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues)
- Help maintain code quality and best practices.
- Investigate and report back on technical solution R&D to team leader/manager. Play a part in mentoring/roll out of new technology/processes.
- Mentoring/assisting team members when required
- Good knowledge of .NET framework
- Proficient in C# with a good knowledge of the .NET ecosystem
- Familiarity with Windows based infrastructure (Windows Server)
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Experience/understanding of Dependency Injection, Polymorphism
- REST/SOAP Service knowledge
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Proficient Microsoft SQL Server (T-SQL, stored procedures) skills.
- Experience with popular web application frameworks
- Knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code
- Understanding of fundamental design principles for building scalable applications.
- Experience creating database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Basic understanding of Common Language Runtime (CLR), its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (Git)
- Ability to see the bigger picture and ensure developments follow the technical direction of the business.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and contribute to the technical roadmap/workshops.
- Ability to communicate and demonstrate technical solutions to business users in a non-technical way.
- Experience implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Experience of working in an Agile/Scrum based team.
- Experience of DevOps processes (Continuous Integration, Deployment)
- Experience of Cloud based infrastructure and development practices (Azure)