Previous experience in a Business Intelligence (BI Developer) role is essential working with SQL and SSIS predominantly. PowerBI is a requirement and a small part of the role will include using this.
We have an opportunity for an all rounder with strong SQL, SSIS and some PowerBI skills. The role will form part of a small team and hence you will get the opportunity to get involved with a huge amount of varying projects (Finance, Health&Safety, Shop Floor data to name just a few) engaging with stakeholders and re-factoring reporting processes. Alongside this you will get the opportunity to work on a large project of moving the company from a hybrid SSIS / ADF to a pure Azure Data Factory. The company are happy to provide full training on the Azure DataWarehouse product set.
As part of an ongoing migration of data services to the cloud we need a Business Intelligence Developer who will be able to get involved in various projects, starting with moving the ETL (SSIS currently) into Azure Data Factory. Other phased plans include Azure Synapse, IOT data and then extending the use in Azure. The role will evolve and as the function is relatively small you will have the chance to broaden out your skills.
- Data Engineering: Develop, maintain data ingestion and processing of data
- Data modelling: The ability to design well-structured tables that are at the correct grain and structured for widespread use
- Design and implement data integrations into the Azure Data Platform
Build data pipelines for data throughout the Azure Data Platform stages
Develop data sets which are optimised for their given use case
- Software engineering mindset: The ability to automate tasks and deploy production standard code (with unit testing, continuous integration, versioning etc.)
- Stakeholder influence: The ability to clearly communicate your work and ultimately provide confidence to drive change.
- Business insight: The ability to understand complex business processes and break down requirements into actionable segments.
- Support and enhance the existing data solutions.
- Working closely with our software developers, QA and Business analysts to assist with new solutions to meet new business requirements.
- To conform to and adopt industry standards and best practices, system updates and fixes.
- Share their knowledge in the education of others and usage of these IT systems.
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communications skills.
- Strong team skills including the ability at times to lead, but mainly be a team player.
- Expertise in using data tools including but not limited to SQL
- SSIS – SQL Server Integration Services (ETL)
- The ability to design and implement well written code.
- These should follow industry best practice and be easily scalable and clearly documented.
- Responsible for creating reusable and scalable data pipelines.
- Commercial expertise in building end-to-end data products
- A passion for building high-quality products which drive business change.
- A results-oriented mindset with an eye for detail and a passion for data
- Confident and concise communication skills, with the ability to drive alignment, collaboration, and efficiency within teams.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to test the data from source to the presentation layer.
- Ability to support/troubleshoot data pipelines.
- Experience with Databricks / Lake / Python
- Proven cloud data expertise with Azure
- Experience using Azure Data Factory (ADF), Analysis services and SQL Server
- Experience building efficient CI/CD tools and processes
- Experience working with an engineering mindset (Agile development, Git, ServiceNow)
- Experienced in working with Azure DevOps
- AZ DP 200, 201 or 203 Certified or working towards certification.
- Experience of building Power BI reports