My client is a market leading independent software vendor with years of trading history who service very specific parts of the public sector. Their software is modular with clients choosing to the software as either an end to end solution or as standalone applications. The software is broad and complex and customers require high levels of service and general software support.
The company is looking to expand its Software Support team by appointing a software support specialist to aid in not only delivering this service but also helping support the test and training functions.
Education Requirements - Of Graduate Calibre
Experience Requirements - Must have operated in an Applications Support Role previously
Industry - Software Vendor
Job Location - Globe Road
Qualifications - NA
Skills - Excellent communication, customer service and software diagnostic skills required.
Work Hours - 9 - 5.30
- Provision of a response service for Customer queries related to the products and their operation.
- Responsibility for assessing Customer problems and accurately prioritising any follow-up actions including, where appropriate, co-ordination with the functional / technical experts.
- Advice and guidance to Customers in relation to any technical difficulties which may be experienced in operation of the products, including recovery from operational failure situations.
- Answering specific queries regarding the functionality of the products, and the way in which they may be used to fulfill particular objectives. With urgent queries it is expected that you take ownership of the situation, escalating where necessary, and keep the Customers / account managers / Development fully informed of progress.
- Maintenance of Customer records, including hardware and software installation and network details.
- Provision of assistance with the Quality Assurance testing of software, before release for delivery to Customers.
- Production of quality product-related material to assist Customers in the effective operation of the system.
- To ensure that all contact with a Customer is recorded in the corporate CRM.
- To learn and subsequently maintain the knowledge in the specialist functional areas to which you have been assigned.
- To liaise between the Customers and the Development Team in defining changes to the product range
- Where requested, to assist in the provision of our Managed Services solutions.
- From time to time, in addition to the main support role you may be assigned supplementary tasks. Generally, this will involve assisting other areas of the business to provide additional resources e.g. Training, Sales Activities or specialist consultancy