- Salary: £40,000 +++
- Education Requirements - none but degree preferred or commercial exposure
- Experience Requirements - 3 plus years
- Industry - Technology
- Job Location - Horsforth, Leeds
- Qualifications - none required
- Responsibilities - see below list within spec
- Skills - see below list within spec
- Work Hours 35 hours
To work with stakeholders to manage and assist with the scoping and delivery of the internal and business delivery applications.
The successful candidate will have improved skills, proven professional experience and a detailed knowledge of industry best practice processes.
In addition you will review the support requests for applications to understand the improvements needed for each application, coupled with providing usage and support information to the application owners to ensure efficient use and operation of the applications.
Skills and Responsibilities:
Working within a global team in managing and providing all levels of IT Technical support, which range from user admin tasks through to setting up and installing new office kit at new office locations globally.
* To liaise with the business in the scoping and specification of new applications / packaged software and changes to existing applications.
* To plan, manage and implement development projects and upgrades.
* To work with the business to ensure application and packaged software is properly tested, documented and that training material is developed.
* To own and maintain the data models and workflow embedded in applications.
* To work with the business application champions and owners to ensure that the information, documentation, test plans and training materials are fit for purpose.
* To work with the applications owners on a regular basis and provide them with the usage analysis for their applications and identify areas for improvements from support requests to ensure efficient use and operation of the applications.
* Liaising with the business to understand and identify areas of opportunity for improving efficiency by the development and enhancement of systems including rationalisation
* Act as the IT focal point for the user communities (e.g. consolidating request for changes, ensuring consistent use of systems etc.)
Duties will vary and be revised due to the nature of the IT Support environment (the above is a guide and not a comprehensive list of responsibilities).
Core Technical Experience:
* Demonstrable, experience of working with non-technical staff to understand requirements, scope, specification, testing, pilot roll-out processes etc.
* Demonstrable hands-on experience of corporate software development and database management using either Microsoft .NET/SQL or SharePoint.
* Experience and management of the application development process and packaged application deployment, reporting, etc.
* Previous experience of integrating data and application workflow, for example re-use of data from one application in another or linkage between bespoke software and packages applications.
* Experience of working in an IT project environment, with active involvement within project life- cycle, exposure to relevant project management tools
* Experience of communication, documentation and business writing in English
Core Behavioural Skills:
* Confident individual with the good interpersonal skills, able to deal with people at all levels and communicate to users in a clear, non-technical language.
* Analytically minded, able to break down and understand information.
* Must be comfortable with working in a fast-moving, dynamic environment.
* Strongly customer-focused, used to providing support to demanding users.
* Good organisational skills, used to managing and prioritising own workload.
* Ability to report on progress, timescales, outstanding and completed activities.
Company Values Statement:
We endeavour to create a work environment that reflects the culture of the company, and we encourage every member of our staff to embrace our commitment to be:
* Quality Driven
* Goal Orientated
* Customer Focused
* Continuously Improving
* Open & Integrated