Education Requirements - Degree Calibre
Industry - Software House
Qualifications - NA
Work Hours - 9-5 - some flexibility required
This role sits within a well-established computer software company, specialising in the development and supply of works / maintenance and asset management systems to local government and utility services sectors. The Company has an unrivalled reputation for delivery of quality products and services, and a 30+ year history of ethical business practices and consistent profitability.
The company became an employee owned organisation some years ago to develop a true sense of collaboration and ensure everyone in the business pulls in the same direction. The controlling majority shareholder of the business is a trust in which all employees have an equal share. This means that every employee of the company becomes a co-owner of the company with certain ownership benefits and responsibilities.
The Company offers very good working conditions and competitive salaries, plus benefits including an excellent pension scheme and share option scheme. The company that has seen constant growth over the last few years and are now looking to recruit a multi skilled specialist to join the existing Client Services Pool.
You will be working in a busy department where their skills and knowledge will be in constant demand by all areas of the business. The work will be varied, fast paced and constant - taking in all aspects of our On Premise and Managed Services Software environments.
In time, they will be expected to become an expert in various products and to use that expertise to assist with the development of the applications.
The candidate must:
- Have previous experience of working in an Application Support Team
- Possess strong customer management skills.
- Understand the Software Delivery Lifecyle and the dependencies.
- Contribute to the team culture and attitude
We can offer a diverse and interesting role interacting with all departments within the company. The successful candidate will be in constant demand so must be able handle multiple work streams and communicate effectively with staff of all technical levels.
Ideally the candidate would have previous experience of working within a software environment operating under customer SLA’s and an understanding of ISO 27001 / ITIL standards.
To understand the software product range and then use this knowledge to provide a dependable and effective service to the entire customer base.
Over a period of time, to increase your personal contribution to the company and to develop your potential to its maximum.
- To provide specialist functional and technical assistance to all our licensed customers to allow them to utilise the applications to provide best value for money.
- Responsibility for assessing customer problems and accurately prioritising any follow-up actions including, where appropriate, co-ordination with the functional / technical experts.
- With urgent queries we take ownership of the situation, escalating where necessary, and keep the customers / account managers / development teams fully informed of progress.
- Advice and guidance to customers in relation to any technical difficulties which may be experienced in operation of the products, including recovery from operational failure situations.
- Answering specific queries regarding functionality of the products and the way in which they may be used to fulfill particular objectives.
- To ensure that all advice we give is accurate and honest. Where we are unsure, we seek advice from others before committing. To understand we are responsible for the answers we provide.
- Maintenance of customer license records.
- Provision of assistance with the Quality Assurance testing of software, before release to customers.
- Production of quality product-related material to assist customers in the effective operation of the system.
- To ensure that all contact with a customer is recorded in the corporate CRM.
- To learn and subsequently maintain the knowledge in the specialist functional areas to which we have been assigned.
- To liaise between the Customers and the development team in defining changes to the product range.
- To be flexible and adaptable within the role so that we can be seconded to the Operations, Infrastructure, Projects or Helpdesk Teams dependent on the resource requirements of the team.
- On rare occasions to perform Out of Hours work to assist in conversions, software upgrades or routine maintenance of our services.