Job title: Application Support Engineers (2 Roles)
Location: Leeds (up to 3 days working from home possible)
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
- Private Healthcare
- Free Parking
- Employer Contributed Pension
- Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- Generous Bonus Scheme
- Holidays and Stat Hols
- Rural environment
Education: Ideally degree educated but commercial experience is first and foremost
Qualifications: Any industry related
Industry: Software House – Public Sector
Opportunity – This is the fastest growing provider of specialist software for niche segments of the public sector. The solution is a modern browser-based Java application that uses a SQL database and supports professionals to work in a joined-up manner. In addition to this, portal technology facilitates contributions from external professionals, to take a coordinated approach based on the comprehensive view of a person.
Role: Application Support Engineer working with clients across the public sector, enhancing their ongoing use of the portfolio and ensuring the best customer service.
- Responsible for 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support functions as part of the Application Support team.
- Investigate, analyse and problem solve Incidents using SQL and other diagnostic tools and methodologies.
- Liaise and problem solve with Developers, the problem management team and Third Party subcontractors.
- Liaise with customers over issues and problems that they encounter.
Skills & Experience:
This is a customer facing role which requires good interpersonal skills, technical understanding, and the ability to work as part of a team but also demonstrates initiative when working alone. This is together with the skills outlined below:
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills.
- In depth knowledge and experience of working with SQL Server.
- In depth knowledge and experience of writing SQL / TSQL queries for fixing data issues.
- Strong 2nd / 3rd line software / application support experience.
- Experience of MS Windows Server.
- Creative problem solving.
- Ability to prioritise and execute tasks.
- Excellent time management/ownership of personal Jira queues.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across all disciplines.
Recommendations: If you recommend the opportunity to a friend or colleague then Interface will make a £250 referral fee payment (if we place the individual into the role). All you have to do is forward this email onto a colleague/friend; they then simply need to mention your name in their email response to Interface.