We are looking for somebody with experience in a similar field, however ideally, we would like somebody with a fresh and open mind to the duties involved in this role. As our internal systems are bespoke and full training would be necessary anyway, this role would be suited to somebody with no preconception of how it should be done or specific expectations.
The role could require travel to different sites so a full driving licence would be required.
This is an opportunity to join a global manufacturing and engineering firm with multiple sites UK wide. The IT Department is a global department with technicians and support based at most sites. That said, the work is shared and IT deal with issues from all sites (nobody is allocated their own site), therefore a great deal of communication skills and flexibility is required. The UK business currently employs around 350-400 employees with an average service history of 12 years. Sheffield has around 100-150 staff and the average length of service here is 11 years.
To support end users on our industry specific ERP system. The system is totally bespoke and so full training will be provided.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Training on full operation of the company software and internal systems
- Troubleshooting end user and data issues
- Direct at desk, phone or remote support protocols
- Understand business flows and flow of data through an ERP system
- Documenting user procedures and manuals used for end user support specific to department / function.
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving and analysis
- Ability to communicate on a technical and no technical level with different departments / management levels.
- Ability to write SQL queries to help troubleshoot issues is desirable but not essential.
- The IT manager is based in the US, therefore self-management skills are essential.
- The environment is fast paced and not for the faint hearted, so a resilient yet personable character would be the ideal fit for this role.