Experience Requirements: Player / Manager Development skills
Qualifications: None required but any MS Development Quals would be advantageous
This market leading, prestigious E-commerce business are looking to grow and develop their business rapidly. As such they see that the E-commerce platforms and many disparate in house developed applications, are an integral part of that growth.
The Head of Development’s responsibility, is to deliver required IT system developments, as specified by the Managing Director, with the support of the IT team for this busy, seasonal driven business
It is essential, that development timelines are defined, communicated, and met as the organisation works to seasonal ‘in demand’ peak times of year.
Where required, the Head of Development will work with third parties to ensure the best possible network of support and skills. Maintaining strong relationships with these third parties is paramount.
The organisation is of the belief that this role would suit a seasoned / experienced developer that has management traits/experience but still enjoys managing development process, coding, managing developers, BAU development & projects and outsource providers.
- Reports to Managing Director
- IT Support Assistant reports into Head of Development
- IT Developer reports into Head of Development
- Works closely with the Senior Management Team to support their requirements
- Analyse, design, develop and implement IT systems as specified by the Managing Director to provide the most efficient internal operation and the easiest user experience for our customers.
- Shape and plan software developments to agreed timescales
- Manage existing company developed Apps including updates, changes and fixes
- Ensure projects are managed to an agreed specification with key stakeholders, changes and fixes are tested and prepared for release using appropriate methods and processes
- Monitor industry developments of new technologies to assist with development of appropriate business systems solutions and improve company efficiencies
- Abide by safeguards to mitigate risks and threats to the business infrastructure
- .Net development skills – you will be a skilled developer with C# (SQL Server data back end) and have worked as an experienced developer for 5 years plus on systems and application development projects. Ideally within a fast paced retail/online/ecommerce business
- Management of platforms/applications, code and people. Perhaps, you’re an experienced developer looking to grow into a management position?
- Magento awareness – outsource provider manages platform but a decent handle on Magento and or similar e-commerce frameworks
- Work alongside third-party suppliers so that they can provide ongoing support for our systems e.g. Magento and network security specialists. NOTE: hardware and network support is provided by a third party provider; redirect requests that do not fall under your remit
- Any mixed scripting/query writing abilities such as VBA/PHP desirable
Recommendations: If you recommend the opportunity to a friend or colleague then Interface will make a £500 referral fee payment (if we place the individual into the role). All you have to do is forward this advert onto a colleague/friend; they then simply need to mention your name in their email response to Interface.