This major client in the North Leeds area are looking to physically re-engineer their entire physical site and also upgrade their IT facilities to a new platform inc SMART - IOT (internet of things) technology. This will be an exciting project and provide technical exposure, across a sizeable, highly thought of organisation. A strong career move covering pioneering tech and projects.
• Location: Leeds
• Salary: £36k + 3k (guaranteed)
• Holidays: 25 days holiday, increasing to 28 after 5 years full employment.
• Pension: Contribution up to a matched 6%
• Free: On-site parking
• Perk: Home broadband payment for remote dial-in support
• Education: Commercial exposure required
• Qualifications: ITIL and or MCSE desirable but not essential
To apply, simply reply to this email, no Cv is required at this stage and we can help you compile one if it has been a while.
Job Title: 3rd Line Systems Support Analyst
Responsible to: Head of Information Systems
Job PurposeProvide a high level of service support and maintain the systems and infrastructure, with the responsibility of identifying and implementing new developments, which are aligned with the organisation’s strategy.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver systems and requirements in-line with the IS strategy and the key strategic objectives.
- Serve as a resource and technical expert to the Head of Information Systems and the wider business.
- Assists in the training of department members, end users and new employees.
- Develop and update documents pertaining to system or software procedures, requirements and changes.
- Perform maintenance and backup functions for key systems. Resolving issues of diverse scope by reviewing and analysing identifiable factors.
- Collaborate with the IS department and key end users by conducting requirement and needs analysis.
- Conduct testing of systems when required, to ensure efficiency and accuracy, using the appropriate software tools.
- Implement and maintain system security and data confidentiality, integrity and availability across the network.
- Design, develop, modify, and maintain infrastructure solutions ensuring that the highest level of availability is always achieved.
- Administer, maintain, develop and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of critical systems and issues related to applications support and availability.
- Work with other department members to facilitate the sharing of information between various departments and systems.
- Work with other systems analysts in the design, development and modification of enterprise solutions.
- Analyze and assess business needs and deliver solutions to address those needs while optimising performance and scalability.
- Provide accurate and timely resolutions to challenging technical problems while representing the team in a positive, professional manner.
- Provide support to users during normal business hours and when required in accordance with the on-call rota.
- Provide support by both telephone and user visits where appropriate to ensure quick resolution of software and hardware problems, in line with department SLA’s.
- Install, configure, support, troubleshoot and document all areas of the infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems for all supported platforms within the business.
- Test, install and configure new hardware and software solutions.
- Log all calls into the service desk application to ensure that statistics and analysis of all calls can be made.
- Assess and advise the Head of Information Systems on the potential benefit to the organisation, of specific system hardware or software developments or products.
- Ensure that users are kept informed of the status of any outstanding calls.
- Carry out project management, through its entirety, of new and existing system implementations and upgrades.
- Carry out 'ad-hoc' tasks when requested to assist with the security and smooth running of IT systems and to ensure a high level of support for users.
- Contribute to and perform according to the required business and departmental standards.
- Perform system checks in line with procedures set.
- Maintain department inventory and equipment specification files. To maintain error logging of system faults and liaises with users and suppliers to resolve faults.
- Assist with the production of departmental reports on a regular basis.
- Liaise with suppliers and contractors for supply of equipment and services, ensuring that the control of cost base is taken into consideration.
- Be offered the opportunity to provide a callout service (on a 1 in 5 rota basis) for operational systems outside of normal working hours. This option will be remunerated in yearly salary
- Provide weekly reviews of work completed, work in progress and planned work to the Head of Information Systems and member of the department.
- To undertake training as deemed appropriate within the department and through liaison with the Head of Information Systems.
- Provide critical and key system support and maintenance for operational systems outside of normal working hours.
- Any other tasks as requested by Head of Information Systems.
Proven background working as a 2nd/3rd Line Support Analyst within a Service Desk environment.
Excellent technical knowledge and experience of supporting Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office Software
Good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory Network Services (Inc., but not limited to TCP/IP, DNS, Group Policy, and DHCP).
Good working knowledge of Microsoft Exchange.
Sound awareness of cyber risk and the importance of security hardening to safeguard business systems.
Customer focused, with experience of providing advice and guidance to customers over the telephone, e-mail and Internet with a proven track record of service delivery.
Organised and methodical, with the ability to work to targets and goalsunsupervised.
Enthusiastic, self-motivated team player with the ability to work within a demanding environment and be able to demonstrate a logical approach to problem solving.
Patience and ability to remain calm under pressure, whilst showing initiative at all times and an ability to apply a lateral thought process to problem resolution.
SQL Server (Administration activities including: installation, performance tuning, security, analysis and reporting, backup and recovery).
A sound working knowledge of IP Routing and VLAN configurations.
Strong understanding of secure firewall configurations, including, but not limited to 2-factor SSL VPN’s and granular access policies.
Good working knowledge of VMware, including monitoring, provisioning, housekeeping and troubleshooting activities to maintain a stable environment.
Experience of delivering IT projects from inception to transition into production support.
Experience of supporting and administrating a VMWare vSphere virtual environment.
Proven 5+ years’ commercial support experience (Inc. 1st to 3rd line).
5+ years’ experience supporting Microsoft Exchange - 2010 (and onwards)
5+ years’ experience supporting a Microsoft Windows Server environment - 2008 (and onwards).
5+ years’ experience supporting Windows Active Directory and the associated services (Inc DHCP, DNS, Group Policy).
5+ years’ experience supporting Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating Systems and associated applications (i.e. MS Office).
Flexible approach, able to cover on-call if agreed and willing to work out-of-normal working hours as necessary,and when requested by the Head of Information Systems. * On call and out of hours is an optionable task and will be remunerated and reflected in yearly salary
3+ years’ of experience with administrating Microsoft SQL Server.
3+ years’ experience supporting Microsoft Office SharePoint Services.
3+ years’ experience supporting and maintaining secure firewall configurations.
Experience in the maintenance and repair of current IT equipment and systems.
3+ years’ experience supporting and maintaining network infrastructure services, including IP Routing and VLAN configurations.
Experience of working to an ITIL framework.
Comfortable discussing complex technical scenarios and solutions with varying customer skill levels.
Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Organised and able to manage conflicting work priorities.
Car – to cover onsite support out-of-hours if and when required