- Easy Motorway Access to M62 and M1
- Standard working hours – No SHIFTS with a shorter day on Friday
- Xmas Off (2 days to be taken from allowance to cover)
- Non contracted hours paid at double time for projects etc
- 23 days holidays rising by 5 days after 5 years service and then 1 extra day per years service thereafter + bank holidays
- Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Christmas Bonus of 3-5 weeks salary
- Opportunity to be hands on in every aspect of the technology
- One on one training giving you unrivalled ability to learn an IT Management role
We are looking for a Systems Administrator / IT Support Technician for a Global Engineering Group based in Wakefield who have operations globally but act locally regarding their technology platforms. This is a great opportunity to shadow a supportive IT Manager and gain valuable experience to help you take the step into an IT Manager role.
The Systems Administrator needs to be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly.
This role requires the ability to communicate technical concerns and solutions to many different people with varying degrees of technical knowledge as well as work with individuals at all levels to help solve their technical issues. You will be supporting users across five sites based in the UK and communicate with a Global Head office to escalate technical issues to a helpdesk, implement new security procedures and assist with setting up networking devices.
The Systems Administrator is also responsible for maintaining the system infrastructure, including testing computer equipment, backing up servers, installing and updating various software/hardware, installing and rebuilding existing clients/servers including reconfiguration.
- Provide user support by telephone, in person or through various remote support programs for internal, external and branch office personnel
- Maintaining the active directory and group policy
- Backup systems and verify that backups have been completed
- Server and datacentre monitoring / Housekeeping / Helpdesk reporting to HQ
- Hardware installation for Desktops / Laptops / Industrial / Servers / Peripherals etc...
- Software installation, configuration and maintenance and keeping systems updated to comply with IT security policies.
- Installation and replacement of networking equipment and patching
- Purchasing of Hardware, software licensing and consumables
- SAP ERP/CRM user support – training will be provided where necessary
- Supporting mobile apps on iOS and setting up devices using an MDM.
- 2 Years’ experience as a systems administrator with a formal qualification
- Experience with Windows for clients and servers (Windows 7, 10, 2008 R2 -2016 Server)
- You must be familiar with Microsoft office 2013-2019
- SAP experience desirable but not essential as training will be provided
- Happy to get your hands dirty repairing laptops/desktops/printers etc...
- Good communicator at all levels
- Works well on their own or as a team in pressurised situations
- We’re looking for someone with a can do attitude and always willing to help
- Can prioritise workloads to ensure targets are met