Salary: £30,000 to £35,000
Location: Hull city centre
Dress code: relaxed
Holidays: 22 + extra 3 days over 3 year to 5 year tenure (plus all bank holidays)
Training needs covered:
Social Team including Go Karting on a monthly basis
Friday afternoons off
As a 3rd Line Technical Support Consultant, you will join our growing Technical Support team which sits as part of our Technical Services Operations, who ensures the smooth and successful delivery of all client requests. You will be responsible for providing remote technical support to our clients and internal colleagues across various product sets, diagnosing faults and providing service through to resolution. Customer service is a priority, as such you will enjoy the interaction and building rapport with our existing customer base. We are a Managed Service Provider, providing a vast range of services and products both internally and to our clients. This can range from assisting a user on a single machine to entire infrastructure support, growth, and project work (and everything in between!). We are able to support clients primarily through our extensive RMM solution which supports an impressive toolkit for remote agents. Our ideal candidate will have a good knowledge of general 2nd line or 3rd line customer support with industry certifications to support. On a day to day basis, you will-
• Provide 3rd Line technical support via telephone, remote access and email, keeping within the procedure time limits
• Be responsible for providing 3rd line investigation and subsequent resolution of customer or internal employee incidents escalated from the 1st/2nd Line.
• Proactively identify potential serious issues and identify a course of action to minimise the possibility of impacting customer’s or our own systems availability.
• Understand the need to and know when to escalate to the IT Support Team Manager on identification of a major incident.
• Back up any investigation and resolution activity with appropriate documentation for population into the team's knowledge base.
• Proactively react to variations in the incoming call management to provide an effective support service.
• Log all calls and sub calls directly on to the database at point of contact and ensure all calls are kept up to date
• Prioritise by severity and manage calls and outstanding call logs
• Have the ability to explain complex technical issues in a non-technical way and provide support to customers.
• Need to have excellent communication skills and be an all-rounder who is driven by customer service
• Maintain customer (internal or external) confidentiality and security at all times.
You will have strong trouble shooting and problem-solving skills with many of the following technologies:
• Windows Desktops 7-10 • Windows Server 2008-2016 • SQL Server • IIS • Microsoft Exchange • Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP & Server Replication • Office365 - Exchange Online • Hyper-V • Firewalls and VPN • Networking - TCPIP, VLANs, Routing and Switching • Web Hosting / Domains • RAID 2 • NAS Storage General Skills • 5 years experience within a Support Team environment • Ability to research and solve complex issues without input • Providing reasonable time-scales for work and communicating when they need to change • Comfortable working alone and within a team • Willingness to learn and stay up to date with technologies • Team skills - Work well with others and able to explain complex ideas to people at any level • Willing to train others • Able to clearly document fixes for others to follow • General Microsoft Office skills • Excellent communication skills • Able to manage and prioritise own workloads and keep to deadlines • Good relationship skills to rapidly establish rapport with customers and other professionals • Full clean driving license • Desirable • VMWare, Citrix • MCSE/MCSA/COMPTIA • Office 365 - SharePoint Online & Azure AD