1st Line IT Support Engineer (Huddersfield Centre)
Benefits of working for the company:
Salary Level: £20,000 - £21,000 Depending upon experience. Holidays: 24 days holiday plus all bank holidays – Rising 1 day per year of service to 30 days)
Hours of work: 8:45am to 5:00pm working day Flexible working: Early Finish on Fridays
Parking: Free, secure on-site parking Discounts: Discounts for a range of fashion wear
Pension: We run the default auto-enrolment pension Starter Bonus: £250 referral fee if you can refer a friend
As part of your role, you will be working alongside and supporting the systems of an internal customer base who design and fulfil requirements within some of world’s best know sports brands. As part of the business ecosystem, you will ensure that the company can function and deliver bleeding edge products. You part in that will include working closely with the IT Manager and team to ensure the systems are constantly functioning and fit for purpose.
Main Job Purpose
The 1st Line IT Support Engineer is accountable for providing 1st line support both in person and remotely to the internal business.
Key Performance Measures (KPMs)
- To resolve queries and help requests from the IT Ticketing system in accordance with the SLAs defined by the IT Manager and escalating critical and challenging cases to the 2nd Line Support Engineers when needed.
- Maintain regular communication with peers and colleagues, identifying process and service improvements and working with the IT Manager to implement change.
- Report and provide results of system tests and suggest action options based on your end-user experience.
- Effectively gauge and monitor network and service stability and reduce the number of problematic assets.
- Perform end-user system tests, troubleshooting and perform necessary repairs on client devices, updating firmware, OS, Security to reduce downtime and service interruptions.
- Support the IT Manager with the successful implementation of new software, hardware and ad-hoc project developments.
Functional and/or Technical Skills
- Microsoft 365 Office (Word, Excel, and Teams), Admin Centre (e.g. Security and Compliance)
- Microsoft Windows 10 platform - troubleshooting
- Microsoft Active Directory (ADDC – fault finding)
- Networking for end-users (patching)
- Understanding when to escalate advance cases to the 2nd Line IT Team or IT Manager when you have exhausted your knowledge base (personal skills and documented shared knowledge base)
- Awareness of GDPR legislation
- Works co-operatively with others and values their contributions to meet Team and own objectives and support effective team working.
- Involves and supports others to indicate what is required and strive for improved business performance.
- Communicates relevant information clearly and concisely to others to share information and gain commitment.
- Collects relevant information and identifies solutions to problems to assess/understand issues and resolve problems.