|Location||Leeds, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||May 24, 2017|
|Salary||60,000 + 10% Bonus + 3% Package + Pension|
We’re now looking for an Application Development Manager to join a growing team. This is a key role in the Application Management team, reporting directly to the UK Head of Application Management, the Development Manager will be accountable for managing the resources and processes to deliver software releases for the company. Managing 3 Direct and 23 indirect reports across .Net and SQL development functions you will be a key proponent in delivering a SOA and Micro Services as well as having a future eye on multi tiered / layered application architecture.
The successful individual will drive forward strategic business objectives through technological change and innovation utilising industry leading tools and trends.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead software development teams who build bespoke applications across various technology stacks to agreed scope, schedule and costs whilst maintaining quality standards.
You’ll be responsible for:
• Oversee the full software development lifecycle for key in-house applications and development streams.
• Work alongside the UK Head of Application Development Manager to deliver strategic projects and programmes of work and ensure they meet agreed requirements and timescales.
• Using modern methods of development ensure products meet industry standards in scalability, maintainability and computation.
• Manage development schedules and sprint planning, and review activities within an agile/scrum development framework.
• Ensure that development standards and conventions are adhered to throughout all development projects, and that all development work is carried out to agreed levels of quality.
• To fully understand business requirements and work with relevant areas to design and recommend systems and functionality that meet the requirements
• Provide architectural guidance to developers, and be responsible for the overall architectural software development strategy.
• Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development.
• To use own technical knowledge to assist other members of the application development team to increase their technical awareness and ability.
• Work closely with various functions within IT and Project Management to encourage collaboration and aim to deliver robust products to customers.
• Ensure that source control quality is maintained within the confines of Team Foundation Server.
• To work with the Application Test & Product Manager in promoting sound testing activities, including unit and system testing, and test automation.
You’ll need to evidence the following qualifications, skills and experience:
o Proven record of successful delivery of software applications as a Development Manager
o Experience of managing development teams working on multiple development streams and agile projects
o Experience of developing enterprise level applications
o Experience of working within a layered application architecture
o VB.net & C#
o .NET Framework
o Relevant experience with web services, SOAP and API
o SQL Server Programming
o Object Orientation
o Scrum/Agile methodologies
o Strong leadership skills with a track record of managing successful teams and individuals.
o Excellent at managing relationships at varying levels and being able to influence others
o Highly self-motivated, team player and very much action-and-results orientated
o Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines.
o Some experience in Service Orientated Architecture
o Practical experience of working with Open Source technologies
o Experience with Scrum methodology
• Competitive salary with annual bonus
• Contributory pension
• 3% flexible benefits - including cycle to work, critical illness, dental insurance, childcare vouchers, travel insurance, dining club, retail discounts and the option to buy up to one week’s worth of holiday subject to start date
• Free shuttle bus from Leeds City Centre
• Subsidised on-site restaurant
• Free on-site gym
• Excellent coaching and training