|Location||Leeds, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||September 28, 2017|
|Salary||50,000 + Benefits|
Role Purpose: Provide technical leadership and support for team members. Encourage and support the adoption of new technologies in accordance with the technical direction communicated by the Head of Development.
Software Development • Understand and follow company operating procedures for the creation of software • Maintain software version standards • Develop software to the definition of done • Mandatory testing of produced software (unit and integration) and corrections as required, all thoroughly documented • Create test harnesses and scripts when required • Maintain existing systems and fix software quality issues
Support and Training • Maintain a working knowledge of industry developments and technology best practice • Monitor and coach development team members. • Maintain a progressive yet pragmatic approach to the adoption of new technology to ensure that the team and client base continue to benefit from new technology. • Improve systems knowledge and document (wiki and other artefacts) • Support the development team in the resolution of system issues that have been escalated from product support. Software Release • Deploy software to QA and production environments • Implement patch fixes in conjunction with QA team and IT.
5+ experience in Software Development including;
o 3+ years Web development experience using C# and ASP.Net MVC
o 2+ years SQL
• Elite-level software development skill
• A passion for new technology and ability to identify emerging trends
• Ability to learn new techniques and technologies quickly and deeply
• Full stack knowledge, through Web browser, firewalls, databases and storage.
• Production of quality code, first time
• A keen passion for writing and maintaining well tested, high performance, readable code
• Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
• Excellent interpersonal skills and cross-department relationships
• Willing and able to provide guidance and support to the wider development team.
Experience with Agile project management – ideally Scrum