|Location||Leeds, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||May 9, 2017|
|Category||IT Services Recruitment|
|Salary||50,000 + Bens|
When your global footprint spans 80+ countries and communication is core to the services and technology your deliver to your customers, information security has to be a focal point of your objectives and seen as an enabler to the overall business. Hence we are looking for an Information Security Officer based in our Leeds offices.
Purpose: To ensure that the company can continue to maintain compliance with recognised standards for IT information security and general data protection on a global basis, leading all efforts in this area including being actively involved in the sales process by managing client responses on security matters.
• Act as the company Information Security Officer aligned with the Global Head of Compliance. Ensure company adherence to Information Security Best Practice (e.g. ISO 27001); update and amend policies, procedures and controls where appropriate
• Perform internal audits of the Information Security Management System
• Be actively involved in maintaining/developing the IT Risk register
• Support External Audits of the Information Security Management System including applying any Corrective Actions. Deliver Management Review of ISMS and gain agreement from The Board
• Work with employees on a global basis to raise awareness of data protection from both a physical and electronic perspective, ensuring effective local processes are in place.
• Mentor internal IT employees to improve overall IT security awareness and capability.
• Act as liaison between the Global Sales Team and clients or prospects with respect to engaging in discussions around our technology and the benefit that provides our clients. Support client responses in relation to Information Security
• Work with other members of the Technology team to improve our own internal infrastructure to improve value for money, availability, serviceability and security.
• Improve the perception of IT by improving communication, developing a consultative approach to new implementations and delivering work items within agreed deadlines.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Has previously acted in the capacity of Information Security Officer or Consultant
• Leading or previous in depth experience of ISO audits including ISO27001.
• Comprehensive Knowledge of IT Security Products and Services
• Developing and maintaining processes and roadmaps for security, risk and audit programmes
• Commercial experience and acumen with ability to engage C-Level Decision Makers
• Negotiation skills to enable formalising of a sales proposition and take from initial discussion to contract stage
• Experience in managing complex sales processes including supporting sales or pre-sales teams – Desirable
• Implementing Enterprise class IT Solutions – Desirable
• Budgeting / Financial oversight of a budget – Desirable
• Ability to lead/be heavily involved in developing security standards, approaches to risk management and client audit responses
• Ability to present complex solutions in a simple manner/context to maximise engagement of the audience that is present
• High level of attention to detail and organisation skills.
• Appreciation of and skills required to develop new sales channels for products and services